Volunteering for NorthStar Pet Rescue
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for NorthStar Pet Rescue! We are always looking for volunteers to help our efforts to help save the life of a dog find them a loving and safe forever home. As a volunteer-based non-profit organization we couldn’t do what we do without the help of dedicated volunteers and fosters.
If you are also interested in fostering, skip this form and complete the Foster Application – that will allow you to volunteer AND foster for NorthStar Pet Rescue.
Opportunities are many and varied and can occur behind the scene or with the dogs. Some of the behind the scenes activities include such things as processing applications, sending thank you notes, tracking specific activities, etc. Some other specific needs we currently have are:
- Event planning for adoption events, fundraising events, and other charitable activities.
- Graphic design services for brochures, branding, and materials distributed to the public.
- Fundraising: We are always in search of new and innovative fundraising ideas, as well as helping us plan and run traditional fundraising activities such as 50/50s, tricky trays, etc.
- Grant writing: We are interested in seeking and applying for grants related to animal rescue and welfare.
- Transport: This can include taking dogs to/from the vet, picking dogs up at transport locations and bringing them to the rescue, and transport of dogs to and from adoption events.
- Photography/Video production: A good picture is worth a thousand words! Many of our adorable dogs take longer to adopt than they should just because we are lacking good pictures and videos of them.
What are your strengths? What do you want to learn? Whatever it is, we can probably find something for you!
Please note that you must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer with Northstar Pet Rescue. Anyone under 18 years of age can accompany an adult at an adoption event, but will not be allowed to handle any dogs.